Ten top tips to help beat the January blues
How to beat the January blues
11 January 2019
January is often referred to as the gloomiest month of the year.
All the festivities are over, the partying is done, some people opt for zero alcohol and the weather isn’t great, so it’s easy to see why most people get the January Blues!
Well the team here at the Alhambra wants to help you beat them this year – visit the centre and put a smile back on your face!
Here are ten ways you can beat the January blues:
1. Everyone loves a little retail therapy, January is known for being a long month for the salary to stretch, but a little treat won’t hurt and will make you feel good!
2. Why not visit Thomas Cook and book your next holiday – it will give you something to look forward too.
3. The bedroom is a space that we can go to relax after a long and stressful day (now we are all back at work) - so by refreshing your bed linen from a great selection at Wilko, you will aid a better night’s sleep which will help lift your mood the following day!
4. Adding new clothes to your winter wardrobe will ensure you are up with the latest trends and as you step out the door in a morning you will already have a spring in your step. Head on over to Next, Yours Clothing, Select and Primark for fashion for all the family! And remember this motto - Look good, feel good.
5. January is the month when diets start, and healthy eating begins. But your intake doesn’t all have to be tasteless or very very green! If you visit Hot Jacks in the centre, they have launched a sugar free Tango Iced Blast! It looks great and tastes even better!
6. Meeting up with friends is a must in January – they will more than likely be feeling down in the dumps like you. Why not arrange to meet them for a bite to eat inMassarella Coffee Shop or Urban Deli! Yummy
8. Go and enjoy the great outdoors, yes it’s cold but if you wrap up warm and have the perfect footwear who knows where your adventures could take you. Shoe Zone has a selection of boots and other footwear suitable for all the family – what are you waiting for!?
9. Smelling good is a must! Having a new scent that others notice and compliment you on is a great feeling and will make your days truly blossom! Head on down to The Perfume Shop or Savers to grab a bargain.
10. And finally – winning money!! This January the Alhambra management team is giving all their shoppers the chance to win a share of £500! Visit the centre and the Dearne FM team on Saturday 19th and 26th between 11am and 1pm to get involved!