Shop Safely with us
Shop Safely with us
1 January 2021
Whilst Barnsley is in Tier 3 of the government restrictions the centre, shops and car park are all open as normal. During this time please help us to keep you and our colleagues safe by following our safety measures.
We want everyone to have an enjoyable and safe shopping experience, the health & safety of our customers and our employees is our priority at all times. To ensure that people can shop safely and to protect our colleagues, we have made changes to how you can shop with us. These changes are to ensure the safety of everyone who comes into the Centre.
A face covering must be worn in all parts of the centre and our stores.
We are aware that some customers may be exempt from wearing a face covering and not every disability may be visible, so we ask that you please be understanding.
All food and drink sold in the Centre is for takeaway service only and must be consumed outside of the premises.
Hand sanitiser is available throughout the centre, but please remember to wash your hands regularly.
Floor markings are in place to remind everyone to maintain social distance.
Please only use the marked queuing areas for our stores, if a queue is full please move on and come back later.
- Please observe the ENTRY and EXIT signs on centre doors.
- Lifts are restricted to 1 person or 1 family to a lift.
- Wilko’s New Street entrance will remain closed for the time being so that we can manage the number of people coming into the Centre.
- We request that you avoid waiting or gathering in the centre – move on as quickly as possible once you have your shopping and do not arrange to meet people at the centre.
- During busy periods we may have to restrict or suspend entry to the centre to help us safely manage social distancing.
- Use contactless payment where possible.
- Our staff are here to help but please remember to keep your distance.
- Please remember to be kind, respectful and patient – your safety is our priority.
Please note that during this time store opening times may vary so we would recommend that you check our individual store pages for up to date information before travelling. Each store has their own guidelines to follow and we ask that you adhere to them.
Our centre cleaning team will be continuing to maintain the highest standard of hygiene and will be focusing on key touchpoints (e.g. door handles, handrails, lift call points etc)
Our toilets are open, there will always be a member of staff on duty to ensure that everything is cleaned after each use. This may mean that you must queue a little longer during peak periods, we hope to keep this to a minimum, but please do bear with us. Our toilets will close at 8.00pm Monday - Saturday and 4.00pm Sunday for a daily deep cleaning.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use our contact page.