Hours: Part time
To ensure that all actions are governed by company KPIs and objectives and in liaison with the manager to optimise sales and minimise stock loss. To liaise with the store manager at all times on operational requirements of the store. To be able to hold the store in the absence of the Manager/Deputy and to deputise as directed by the Area Manager. To ensure that the company's policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. To maintain exceptional store appearance and merchandising standards that complies with the Select vision.
- Provide customers with a courteous helpful service and assistance when advice is requested.
- Motivate sales staff to achieve a high standard of service and maximum sales and profit.
- Acquire and develop a detailed knowledge of Select merchandise in order to provide customers with a helpful service and assisting them in choosing merchandise with regard to sizing and price.
- Assist in handling of customer complaints, within the guidelines of company policy.
- Understand the broad outlines of the laws relating to selling, and ensuring the sales staff comply within these laws.
- Ensure the implementation of company controls and service at the fitting rooms.
DISPLAY AND PRESENTATION
- Ensure the highest standards of display and presentation of Select merchandise using company guidelines to assist.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of the company display and presentation policy.
- Check merchandise deliveries are correct and in good condition and take appropriate action where necessary if not.
- Ensure all paperwork relating to stock deliveries is checked and completed accurately.
- Be aware of the need for adequate staffing levels at all times so as to provide good customer service.
- Be aware of the need to control staff costs at all times and in particular those relating to sickness. absence and holidays.
- Ensure all utilities, i.e.: heating, lighting and water are used in the most economical manner.
- Ensure there is no company property abuse; this includes stationery, telephones and cleaning materials.
- Comply with the company Loss Prevention Manual.
- Ensure all areas on and off the sales floor, are cleaned regularly and that a high standard of hygiene is maintained.
- Ensure the branch is maintained in a safe condition and in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act and to refer any issues to your Divisional Manager.
- Take part in necessary cleaning duties as required in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, on and off the sales floor.
- Be responsible for assisting the manager in control of store stock loss.
- Make maximum use of store security systems and company policies with regard to bag checks, lockers and shoplifting procedures.
- Be aware of all possible areas of stock loss with regard to admin stock control and pilferage.
- Protect the company against theft from the till by observing security regulations at the cash desk.
- Carry out cash handling duties relating to the cash administration systems in the store in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain accurate paperwork and preparing to take monies to the bank as directed by the manager.
- Assist in preparation of the store for stocktaking.
- Assist in the identification of the stores training needs.
- Participate and assist in the stores training sessions by liaison with the manager.
- Be aware of all company's procedures and promotions.
- Maintain high standards of appearance of staff with regard to company uniform.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate personnel details.
- Assist with the welfare and discipline of the sales staff, in liaison with the manager.
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of their job responsibilities within the guidelines of their job description.
- Ensure all legal employment notices are displayed and maintained on the notice board as directed by the company.
- Liaise with the manager on all matters regarding store staff control, as required.
- Keep the manager informed of the store's performance at all times.
- Communicate relevant information to other members of staff as directed by the manager.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Be responsible for personal safety at work by observing company regulations.
- Ensure that actions do not endanger the safety of other members of staff or the public.
- Report potential hazards to the manager immediately.
- Share responsibilities for maintaining the hygiene standards and cleanliness of all areas of the store including the staff room.
- Know and carry out the current emergency procedures and carry them out quickly and calmly should the need arise.
- Understand current health and safety requirements.
- To be a key holder - Key holders are liable to be called out to the store in the event of a disturbance or an emergency out of working hours.
- To be neat, tidy, numerate and literate.
- To have a proven ability to prioritise, delegate and motivate staff.
- To recognise any potential issues that may arise within the store and deal with them in a professional manner.
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities and does not take into account every aspect of the job. From time to time additional responsibilities and a flexible approach may be required in certain areas of the role.
How To Apply
Hand a CV into store.